1. Leodis Pagan Circle (LPC) is a not-for-profit voluntary-led social group. The role of the Management Committee, event organisers and hosts is to facilitate activities that are of interest to members of the group but no professionals are employed. We operate on the same basis as any other group of friends where one or more offers to organise an event or activity on behalf of everyone else.
2. LPC is opposed to all forms of discrimination and members are welcome to join in with our activities regardless of race, religion, culture, disability, gender, age or sexuality. Any expressions of prejudice by its members will not be tolerated at meetings, online or at any other LPC activity and the Management Committee will take immediate action to eliminate such behaviour.
3. When planning events, the organisers will, to the best of their ability, take all reasonable precautions and seek to anticipate and avoid foreseeable risks but no assurance is made regarding their level of competence, knowledge or skill.
3.1 All participants in LPC activities accept full responsibility for their own health, safety and wellbeing and that of other people who may be affected by their actions.
3.2 Many of LPC’s activities take place outdoors but all are entirely within areas that are open for public access or on public rights of way and LPC takes no responsibility for the condition or upkeep of these areas.
3.3 Some activities involve being in the countryside which may entail hill climbing or negotiating tree roots and slippery rocks; there may be uneven and/or muddy terrain; or it may be raining or very hot. It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure they are able to manage the prevailing conditions before taking part.
3.4 Event organisers are unaware of participants’ health history so it is the individual’s responsibility to determine whether or not they are fit enough to undertake a particular activity. However, organisers may refuse to allow an individual to take part if they have reason to suspect an activity is beyond their physical capabilities.
3.5 Some pre-existing medical conditions may be triggered or aggravated by some of our activities (eg, Maypole or circle dancing) and it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they are fit enough to take part and to carry any essential medication.
3.6 Some activities (eg, the Imbolc and Samhain rituals) take place during the hours of darkness and participants are advised to be extra vigilant on these occasions and to bring a torch or lantern to light the way.
3.7 LPC does not accept responsibility for the loss of or damage to participants’ personal possessions and you are advised not to bring or wear items of special value to events.
3.8 Participants under the age of 18 are the sole responsibility of the accompanying parent or guardian and must never be left unsupervised for the duration of any event. You are advised to stay alert when in charge of a minor and beware of potential hazards (eg, open water and busy roads).
3.9 If you have any doubts about the suitability of an activity you wish to join, speak to the event organiser in advance and they will be able to advise you about the conditions you are likely to encounter.
4. By participating in events, you acknowledge that you may be photographed or videoed. Your decision to attend automatically grants LPC permission to use said photographs or videos in publications and other media material. However, if this is of particular concern to you, please inform us and we will endeavour to avoid publishing your image.
5. When you attend a ritual, join a walk, take part in an activity or any other event, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that no legal liability is accepted by Leodis Pagan Circle’s Management Committee or event organisers in the event of accident, injury, damage or loss, howsoever caused.